Katy Makerspace is an inclusive establishment where everyone is welcome regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, or religion – to discuss and learn more about technology in an environment of mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement. We want all participants to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Therefore, all participants are expected to be nice and respectful towards each other.
To clarify what is expected of members, everyone in Katy Makerspace is obliged to follow this Code of Conduct. It applies to all of the association’s physical meetings, events and the like, as well as all communication channels.
- Think about what you say. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. They are not suitable in Katy Makerspace.
- Be nice to each other. Do not insult or act in a derogatory manner towards any participant. Participants violating these rules may be asked to leave Katy Makerspace immediately.
- Harassment includes offensive or unwanted comments about (for example) gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, religion, pornographic images in public places (including slides and profile/avatar pictures), deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwanted photographs or recording, sustained disruption, inappropriate physical contact, and any kind of unwelcome attention.
- Participants who are encouraged to stop their inappropriate behavior or harassment are expected to do so immediately.
- If anyone observes a participant displaying improper behavior, they should contact a Katy Makerspace official immediately. All complaints to Katy Makerspace will remain confidential, be taken seriously, investigated, and dealt with appropriately.
- Any or all of the following countermeasures are to be expected: the alleged offender may be requested to change their behavior. If the behavior continues, the alleged offender is to immediately leave the site and/or be prohibited from participating in future events and the incident may be reported to the appropriate authorities (depending on severity) – this is however the very last resort, considering our interest in keeping things friendly and social for the benefit of everyone involved.
This Code applies to everyone involved in Katy Makerspace,
in any capacity or form.
This Code of Conduct is a derivative from the
Gothenburg Hackerspace in Sweden.